Serving Sonoma, Marin & Napa Counties
Whether you’re a new Executor, Administrator or professional Fiduciary, being the Personal Representative of an Estate or Trust is a time-consuming, stressful job that comes with great responsibilities and potential liabilities. When real property is involved the challenges are that much greater. Please allow me to assist you.
If you are a new Executor or Administrator, let me start by offering you this FREE eBooklet: Probate Real Estate and You: Avoiding the 7 Biggest Mistakes Made in Probate Real Estate. Simply go to: www.RealProbateAdvisors.com and click where indicated. You will also get additional free follow up materials. No credit card, no postage, no waiting for a book in the mail. The eBooklet and other materials are delivered automatically, so you get virtually instant value. You can become a more knowledgeable probate executor or administrator by learning from over 20+ years of other executor’s experiences.
Probate is a process. From the time you file the Petition for Probate, or even before, you need a plan. While your attorney will be your primary guide, they cannot help you with everything. You need to consider and address the following issues:
- Is the property vacant or occupied?
- Do you have professional property management in place if currently vacant or rented?
- Is the property properly insured?
- Do you plan to keep or sell the property?
- Do you have the cash to pay creditors, taxes, insurance, your attorney and other expenses?
- Do you know the tax implications, including capital gains and the tax basis used?
- Do you have title insurance and know how to vest title?
- Is your broker knowledgeable in selling real estate in probate?
- Do you have a written plan to market the property to obtain the highest and best offer?
- Are there any cost effective improvements to maximize the sales price?
Hello, my name is Craig Saxon. I am a Certified Probate & Trust Real Estate Specialist. I have over 25 years’ experience as a licensed and insured property manager and California real estate broker. I am a member of the North Bay, California and National Association of Realtors® and an affiliate member of the Professional Fiduciary Association of California. Most importantly to you, I am an experienced and responsible professional you can trust.
Be aware that not all real estate brokers and agents are familiar with the special requirements of the probate process. I am certified as a Probate & Trust Real Estate Specialist by both the California Association of Realtors® and the MTI Education CPRES® programs. I am also certified as a Property Manager by the California Association of Realtors®. This matters to you by avoiding expensive and time-consuming mistakes that might occur with less knowledgeable brokers and agents.
Here’s my promise to you: My associates and I will work in your best interests to help make the probate real estate management and settlement process as seamless and worry free as possible.